Acheiving Greatness ... One Beat at a Time !!!
Code of Conduct for Huntsville Drumline
Code of Conduct for Huntsville Drumline Parents
1. General: All parents and guardians shall pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for their child/children participating in the activities of the Huntsville Drumline by following this code of conduct:
(a). Encourage and demonstrate positive support for all musicians, directors, instructors and parents at every practice and performance;
(b). Place the emotional and physical well-being of their child and the other musicians ahead of any personal agendas;
(c). Support efforts to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment
(d). Support directors and officers working with their child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all;
(e). Demand an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and refrain from their use at all Huntsville Drumline events.
(f). Do their very best to make the drum line fun, and remember that it is for the benefit and well being of the youth;
(g). Encourage their child to treat other musicians, directors, spectators, officials, and others with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, size or ability;
(h). Promise to help their child enjoy the Huntsville Drumline experience in whatever way possible, such as being a respectable fan, attending parent meetings participating in fundraisers and/or providing transportation to events.
Sportsmanship and Conduct Policies for Huntsville Drumline Students
1. Trustworthiness. All participants shall:
(a) Be honest, and never deceive, cheat or steal;
(b) Have the courage to do the right thing;
(c) Work to build a good reputation;
2. Respect. All participants shall:
(a) Treat others with respect, and be considerate of the feelings of others;
(b) Use good manners, and avoid offensive language and taunting;
(c) Never slander, degrade, threaten, hurt or hit anyone;
3. Responsibility. All participants shall:
(a) Use self-control and self-discipline;
(b) Be accountable for all choices and actions;
(c) Demonstrate reliability;
(d) Exhibit supportive behavior and a positive attitude
4. Fairness. All participants shall:
(a) Adhere to all laws, rules policies, and guidelines
(b) Be open-minded and demonstrate the ability to listen to others;
(c) Not pass blame carelessly
(d) Never take advantage of others
(e) Share and take turns in a particular situation
5. Caring. All participants shall:
(a) Demonstrate compassion, kindness and forgiveness
(b) Provide assistance to others in need when appropriate
6. Citizenship. All participants shall:
(a) Respect authority and demonstrate cooperation
(b) Properly care for all equipment, uniforms, facilities, and performance and practice venues
Code of Conduct for Students
General: All students shall recognize that being a member of the community carries with it responsibilities and rewards. Musicians should embrace those responsibilities and conduct themselves at all times in a way that exhibits respect for others and themselves.
(a) Accept accountability for all behaviors and their consequences
(b) Honor obligations and promises
(c) Exercise self-control
(d) Be fair with others in dealings before, during and after performances
(e) Respect the efforts of others
(f) Respect authority
(g) Handle equipment with care
(h) Help load and unload all Huntsville Drumline equipment
Code of Conduct for Huntsville Drumline Employees
1. General: The primary function of the employee is to facilitate the drum line environment, and educate participants through participation and competition. The welfare of each participant shall be considered at all times. All Huntsville Drumline employees shall be aware that they have a tremendous influence on the well being of the participants, and thus, shall never place their own personal agenda above the value of instilling the highest ideal of character in each participant.
2. Specific Principles: All staff shall therefore resolve to conduct themselves with dignity as a citizen of the community, recognizing and accepting that they shall:
(a) Uphold the honor and dignity of Huntsville Drumline
(b) Set an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct in all personal contact with participants, Huntsville Drumline officials, parents/guardians, spectators, and the general public.
(c) Take an active role in the prevention of drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse
(d) Avoid the use of alcohol and tobacco products when in contact with participants, on the premises or while attending a Huntsville Drumline event.
(e) Arrive to practice and performances on time
(f) Never ridicule, criticize or embarrass musicians, staff or parents
Enforcement of the Huntsville Drumline Code of Conduct
1. Responsibility: Responsibility for enforcement of this Code of Conduct shall reside with the owner, manager and officers of Huntsville Drumline.
2. Spectators: For implementation of this Code of Conduct, spectators who are directly associated with a particular musician shall comply with the same criteria as for parents/guardians and the same enforcement action shall apply.
3. Enforcement Action: The owner, manager and officers of Huntsville Drumline shall take whatever measures necessary to enforce this Code of Conduct, up to and including any of the following actions:
(a). Removal of a participant from the program due to his or her failure to comply with this Code of Conduct
(b). Removal of a participant from the program due to the failure of his or her parent/guardian to comply with this Code of Conduct
(c). Dismissal/termination of an employee from the program due to his or her failure to comply with this Code of Conduct
1800 Jordan Lane (two blocks north of Chuck E Cheese) | Huntsville, Al 35816 | (256) 430-5566 | email@example.com